Monday, October 13, 2008

Volleyball Craziness!



I played volleyball in high school. I also played in a volleyball club in college. I really enjoyed it. It was fun. I was cool as a cucumber. No stress, no wanting to strangle un-paid refs. Watching my child play volleyball however is a totally different story. I am not cool as a cucumber, I become riotous in the stands with yells like, "You girls gotta call that", " Talk to eachother", "Step back, strong server" and many....uhhh...many others. I was thinking to myself, I wasnt like this when Felicia played softball or did gymnastics. Maybe volleyball is my passion!! So being the ever over zealous and over-dramatic person that I am....I decide that I am going to coach. Who the H E Double hockey sticks do I think i am? Frickin superwoman? Of course, none of my other commitments even crossed my mind when i walked out of that gym. I was thinking, these girls need to run drills, they need to run stadiums they need they need.... So after blabbing to my poor 10 year old that Mommy should coach it looks like I have another commitment on my plate. Apparently, the NYS needs coaches.....dangit! I wil keep you all apprised of my sanity levels when the new league starts in November.

1 comment:

Coopercomics said...

"Mine!....Back!...OUT!..Free!...Ace!"

I used to love to call...your team is going to be of the CHAIN woman!

I am proud of my Yllop. :)